Update Your Chino, CA Home With A Shower Installation Or Bathtub Replacement
Tubs and showers are used each day. And although they are built to last, sometimes a bathtub replacement is necessary. While there is no exact timeframe as to when you should invest in a new shower installation, there are certain signs that signal your shower or tub is reaching its end. Leaks, mold and mildew buildup, cracks in the fiberglass, and other indicators can hint at the need for a new tub or shower.
While many homeowners choose shower installation and bathtub replacements as part of larger bathroom remodels, others decide to replace these bathroom fixtures as stand-alone projects. Whether you're doing a total bathroom remodel or just interested in bathtub replacement, JIG Plumbing can take care of it. We can fill you in on all the options that fit your budget and design preferences. Give us a call at 909-280-4331 to learn how we can help.
How Can I Tell If It's Time For A New Shower Or Tub?
There are multiple ways to tell if it's time for a new tub or shower. Some common signs include:
- Stains. Although stains don't compromise the functionality of your tub, they are unattractive. Since most tubs are white or light-colored, stains easily stand out.
- Cracks in fiberglass. Cracks in your shower or bathtub are the perfect place for mold and mildew to grow. Cracks also increase the likelihood of leaks.
- Accessibility issues. If the sides of your tub are exceedingly high, it may be difficult for older or injured individuals to climb in and out. Those with mobility issues should consider a walk-in tub or convert the bathtub space into a shower.
- Inconvenient size. Older homes had bathrooms with smaller tubs, but these tubs may be too short or narrow for comfortable, modern living.
- Difficult to clean. If your bathtub is starting to look dull and stains are harder to remove, it may be time for a bathtub replacement. Bathtub installations are coated with a protective finish, but over time, the coating wears off. That means bacteria, germs, and dirt are able to seep into your tub.
- Outdated color. Between the 1920s and 1970s, pink, blue, and mint green bathtubs were all the rage. However, in today's world, a bathtub like this could seriously diminish resale value. If your bathtub is oddly colored, consider investing in a replacement.
Your Shower Refreshes You. It's Your Turn To Refresh It!
If your tub or shower is exhibiting any of the above indicators, it may be time to update the space where you get clean. JIG Plumbing has you covered. We can assist with total bathroom remodels or simple bathtub replacements for your Chino, CA home. No job is too big or small for our experienced crew. Drop us a line online or call 909-280-4331 today!