The Importance Of Reliable Plumbing For Your Chino, CA Home
Your home's plumbing system transports dirty, wastewater away from the home while introducing potable water to be used for cooking, bathing, cleaning, and more. Composed of copper, PVC, steel, and other robust materials, the pipes beneath your home and in your walls are tough and built to last. However, time, freezing temperatures, clogs, and other things can cause your plumbing system to malfunction. Sometimes, the problem is minor, but other times the situation gets more sticky and stinky. For the times when soiled water is overflowing from the toilet onto your new bath mat or your yard is a lagoon of muck, there's JIG Plumbing. We offer priority same-day plumbing repairs to our friends in Chino, CA, and the surrounding cities. Keep reading to learn more about our services, and then give us a call at 909-280-4331 when you need us in a hurry!
Common plumbing emergencies homeowners may encounter include burst pipes, sewer line backups, clogged drains, overflowing toilets, water heater malfunctions, and leaking or malfunctioning fixtures such as faucets and valves. Additionally, frozen pipes during cold weather can lead to bursts, while sudden loss of water pressure or complete loss of water supply can also constitute emergencies. Responding promptly to these issues can help prevent further damage and costly repairs.
It's typically located near the water meter where the main water supply enters your home. Look for it in basements, crawl spaces, utility rooms, or near the water heater. In warmer climates, it might be outside near an exterior wall. Familiarize yourself with its location beforehand, and consider labeling it for quick identification during emergencies. Turning this valve clockwise shuts off water to the entire house, halting further damage.
If a pipe bursts in your home, first, shut off the main water supply to prevent further flooding. Open faucets to relieve pressure. Locate the burst pipe and assess the damage. If possible, contain the leak with buckets or towels. Contact a plumber for immediate repair. Document the damage for insurance purposes. If water has reached electrical outlets or poses a safety hazard, evacuate and contact emergency services. Finally, begin cleanup and drying processes to mitigate water damage.
What Constitutes A Plumbing Emergency?
Freezing temperatures, excavation, clogs, and other factors can cause your pipes to malfunction and result in the need for immediate plumbing repairs. If your home is at risk for flooding, if raw sewage is coming into the home, or if water is not entering the house, you have a plumbing emergency. Things like backed-up sewer lines, burst pipes, and failed sump pumps can all put your home at risk. Common plumbing emergencies include:
- Leaking water heaters. Water heaters can leak for a number of reasons, including broken pressure relief valves, a damaged water supply line, or a faulty water heater storage tank. If yours is leaking, flooding is possible, so treat this matter with the urgency it deserves.
- Burst pipes. Corrosion, freezing temperatures, and tree roots can cause pipes to burst and flood parts of the home and/or reduce the amount of available water coming into the home.
- Backed up sewer lines. If there's a clog in your sewer line, incoming solid waste gets trapped at the clog's location. The clog continues to grow as more and more junk accumulates. Eventually, the sewage can no longer drain and it backs up into your home through sink and shower drains, toilets, and more. Nasty.
- No access to water within the home. If there is an interruption of water service to the home or if your water has a weird taste, look, or smell, calling a local plumber can help you get the clean water you need.
- Slab leaks. Some homes have basements. Some have crawl spaces. Others have slabs. A slab is a four to six-inch thick piece of concrete on which some homes sit. Oftentimes, plumbing pipes are buried 12 to 24 inches beneath this slab. If a pipe beneath a slab bursts, a slab leak displays itself through flooring that is damp or wet without explanation, the sound of water running beneath floors when no tap is turned on, and a general smell of mold and mustiness.
Here To Help As Soon As Humanly Possible
Plumbing emergencies waste time and money and can damage your home. Don't wait if you're experiencing any of the above plumbing problems. JIG Plumbing has over 20 years of experience providing prompt, priority plumbing repairs and we would love the opportunity to serve you. Our plumbers are licensed and insured and your satisfaction is guaranteed. When you find yourself facing a plumbing emergency, give us a call at 909-280-4331 immediately!